Wednesday 14 October 2009

Music video analysis

Music Videos by VideoCure

Blink 182 - 'What's My Age Again?'

I have chosen to analyse Blink 182' video, ‘What's My Age Again?'. The music video was released in 1999 and involves the band mainly running around the streets naked, interrupting television shows and also has performance in a white room.
Their music is predominantly of the 'pop punk' genre, best know for their scatological humour and simple melodies. This is reflected well in 'What's My Age Again', lyrics include; 'Nobody likes you when you're 23, and are still more amused by TV shows. What the hell is ADD? My friends say I should act my age, what's my age again?' This also follows Goodwin's points, as the visuals compliment this when you see the band members knock drinks out of passers hands, distract drivers and do naked cartwheels on live television.
The music then slows down as they approach an attractive female, they take one look at her, run back then the upbeat tempo starts again with the band continuing to disturb the public and cause amusing havoc.
Although Blink 182 have previously mocked the boy band culture in videos such as 'All The Small Things', they demonstrate genre characteristics in this video by performing in the white room and there are many close ups of the artist' faces which help the audience continuously recognise them.
The reason I chose to analyse this music video is because as well as 'The Filaments' (my groups chosen band) lyrics inspiring us, Blink 182' humorous style has inspired us to create something similarly entertaining.

2 Responses to “Music video analysis”

Unknown said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant
for me to come here and visit more often.
http://www.qu.edu.sa
http://www.coc.qu.edu.sa

Leave a reply

 
© 2009 GROUP 03 - Music Video 2009/10. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz